My haul this past weekend in Sacramento's only anime-specific show to date
(items marked with an asterisk are domestic items,the others are imported from Japan):
- all 3 Great Teacher Onizuka bilingual manga volumes
- Taiho Shichauzo import manga #1(screw Dark Horse)
- a bag of Hello Kitty yogurt candy from Japan
- a Furuba logo messenger bag bigger than the one I have*
- a set of Furuba post it notes
- a Sakura Taisen metal mini-figurine(good character,bad seiyuu)
- a set of 5 SakuTai zipper figures(all of Kanna)
- a Shoujo Kakumei Utena artbook
- a Matantei Loki Ragnarok mini-notepad(to be sent to yachinami)
- a Full Metal Alchemist pocketwatch(also a possible gift item)*
Under normal circumstances,I can't find most of these items at a Sacramento-area comic store.No wonder I take virtual trips to the Bay Area in my imagination(usually via net surfing or skimming through my 2005 Bay Area Metro Thomas Guide
).I wouldn't mind living there one of these days as it's probably the next-best thing to living in Japan...
Thank goodness for eBay...